Saturday 27 July 2019

FOR THE DURATION - film shoot schedule 1.

An email to camera operator Rob, and actor Alan, 17th July 2019:

Hello Rob,
Looks like the weather will be ok for next week.  I've booked equipment from Huw Powell.  I think your Cannon 5d will be enough.  I've talked to Huw about steadycam - please could you liaise with him - let him know if you prefer the Ronin or the Glidecam (Ronin looks easier if you've used it before).  I will be collecting all the equipment from Huw on Tuesday.  Bare in mind that speed of set up is important as there are quite a number of shoots on each day.  Here is the planned location / shoot list, with character actions (characters played by myself and Alan Holmes):

Wednesday 24th:
Morning.
1/ brewit Bridge (near Penrhyndeudeaidd) - inspecting and walking
2/ Big black water pipe on road above Meantwrog. - inspecting
3/ Magnox sculpture near Maentwrog - walking

Pub Lunch in Porthmadog or at Garreg community cafe.

Afternoon.
4/ Radio Mast near Nebo - walking/sitting/inspecting
5/ Armco Barrier road near Cilgwyn (Rosgadfan) - walking

Thursday.25th.
Afternoon
1/ Betws garmon Green Fence - inspecting
2/ Betws Garmon long straight road - walking
3/ Pen Yr Orsedd quarry near Nantlle - standing

Tea - takeaway or sandwiches.
Evening/night.
Dorothea quarry derelict Slate finishing factory - various + possible drone flight

Would it be possible for you to give Alan a lift from Menai Bridge?  If not, Alan, do you have transport to Nantlle?  It would be much easier for me if I don't have to come and collect you.

Rendezvous points:
Penygroes carpark opposite Coop on Wednesday at 10am, 
Nantlle village on Thursday at 2pm.

I hope all that makes sense.  I will phone you both in next couple of days to confirm arrangements and answer any queries.  I am aware that you know each other, so hopefully it will be good fun working together on this.  I will do my best to make it so.  I have a budget for food and drink, so if you have any preferences, let me know.

One other thing (which hopefully won't apply) - if weather for Thursday evening looks doubtful, the days will be switched so that the filming in Dorothea can be done in the dry (there will be on-location electrical appliances).

Please both of you confirm by email that you've seen this email (they do get lost don't they!).

Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment